On the 11th of June ARC will hold the first edition of the Touch Rugby Festival. It’s going to be a full day of playing touch as well as a social festivity. Click here for the directions.
Date: 11 June 2017
Time: 10:00 am
Entry Fee: € 180.00 per team (maximum 12 players and minimum 10 players – €15.00 per person for team of 12)
→ This price includes lunch, a rugbyball, a party and more
Please note that once you registered your team to pay your Team’s Entry fee with an electronic transfer using the following information. Please use your Team’s name as reference ended with “–TRF” i.e. “Team A-TRF”
All entry fees must be paid by 1 May 2017.
t.n.v.: Amstelveense Rugby Club
Please see below for more information, more questions? email@example.com
The first pool games will start at 10:00 am sharp and the final will start at 15:30 pm. Please be at the club at least 30 mins before you game starts to allow for prep and warmup. We will provide an update via email before game day as to which teams are in what Pool and your team’s allocated kick-off times for the Pool stages. The below Pool schedule provides an overview. The winning team of the day will receive a Trophy, which you might want to come and defend next year.
The availability of professional referees is a challenge and therefore volunteer referees have been ask to assist is refereeing the games. We have made sure that all referees are Rugby players who at least understand the game of rugby and the rules of touch.
Pool and Points Information
The first round of games will be played in pools on a round-robin basis. Following the pool round there will be knock-out rounds. Play will consist of matches between teams in the same pool on a round-robin basis.
Pool matches will be seven (7) minutes each way with a one (2) minute half-time break.
All Pool Matches carry the following points:
- 3 points for a win
- 2 points for a draw
- 1 point for a loss
- 0 points for a no show, abandonment or referee disqualification
In the event of two or more teams being equal on competition points for any position in the pool table the higher placed team will be determined using the following sequence:
- If two teams are involved and have played each other, the winning team will take the higher position. If more than two teams have equal points this rule will not apply.
- The margin of points scored for and against a team in all pool matches shall be considered. The team with the highest positive margin of points shall be ranked higher in the pool table. In the event that the tie remains unsolved then;
- The team that scores the most tries in all pool matches shall be ranked higher in the pool table. In the event that the tie remains unsolved then;
- The team that scores the most points in all pool matches shall be ranked higher in the pool table. In the event that the tie remains unsolved then;
- The team that concedes the least points in all pool matches shall be ranked higher in the pool table. In the event that the tie still remains unresolved then;
- If teams are still tied after all the above, the winner will be decided by the toss of a coin between the Captains/Managers of the teams concerned.
We have space for 20 teams and everyone that can run and pass a ball, and understand the rules of Touch is welcome to enter a team. Please review the links below if you are not familiar with the rules of Touch.
Each team can have 10 to 12(max) players per team. You are also welcome to enter mixed teams. As per the rules of Touch we only allow 6 players per team on the field at any time. Players may interchange from the side of the field as often as they wish. Team Captains toss and the winner starts the game with a tap at the center of the half-way line.
To accommodate all the pool games we will divide the normal rugby pitches in half to also allow for “the-not-so-fit” to join the fun.